Who We Are:
BackOffice Thinking began in 2006 with this fundamental conviction: Nonprofit organizations that more effectively utilize technology will be better able to serve and engage their constituents and further their mission. Today, we still passionately believe this to be true! We consult with nonprofits, foundations, and membership organizations on a variety of technology projects, including software assessments, website development, and CRM implementation & support.
We say, “We focus on your technology so you can focus on your mission,” and our clients will tell you it's true. Clients choose BackOffice Thinking because of the breadth and depth of our technology and business expertise, and they remain with us because we deliver results and become a trusted partner in their mission. We believe that people do their best work when they feel trusted, valued, and empowered, and we strive to create an environment that supports our team as well as the clients they serve.
Who You Are:
Our Delivery operation is comprised of three teams: front-end design, technical support & custom development, and Salesforce services. Salesforce support and implementation represents the fastest-growing area of our business, and we're looking for an experienced Director to lead this group.
On day one, you'll be overseeing a team of six: leading daily standups and weekly meetings, working with Project Managers to assign resources, offering direction and input on specific projects, collaborating with Sales and other Delivery leaders, and providing coaching and leadership to a talented team of consultants.
What You’ll Do:
- Define team goals and metrics, and support team members in working to achieve them
- Define resourcing requirements across your team (identify hiring needs, promotion opportunities, skill gaps, etc)
- Provide pre-sales support with analysis, scoping, and estimation of proposed solutions
- Work with project managers to develop project timelines, tasks, and resource plans
- Collaborate with project teams (solution lead, account owner, client success manager, and clients themselves) to address potential issues around scope, solutioning, and cost
- Contribute to billable work on projects by acting as an SME (subject matter expert) in appropriate areas
- Proactively work to improve our estimation and delivery processes
What You Bring:
- Senior-level (5+ years) experience in some combination of the following areas:
- Administration/implementation of Salesforce, other CRM systems, and/or nonprofit tech tools
- Technology consulting
- Familiarity or direct experience with nonprofit organizations
- Experience leading and developing high-performing teams (especially remote/distributed ones) with clearly-defined roles, responsibilities, and success metrics
- Experience creating and refining KPIs and success metrics for teams
- Experience coaching and mentoring individual contributor employees to grow their skills and abilities
- Effective communication skills, both internally and client-facing
- A thoughtful, analytical, curious approach to your work, with a drive to make things better
- Comfort working in a fast-paced environment with changing needs and requirements
- Relevant Salesforce Certifications (Admin & Nonprofit Cloud) are a plus (would need to be certified within 6 months of starting)
Benefits and Other Details:
We offer competitive compensation (salary, plus annual bonus based on team effectiveness and overall company profitability), as well as an excellent benefits package that includes medical insurance, short term and long term disability, 401(K), Paid Time Off & Paid Holidays, flex time, and a plethora of other ancillary benefits.
We’re a growing, distributed company, with an office in West Chester, PA and remote employees all across the US. BackOffice is a rewarding and challenging place to work, and we are focused on creating great opportunities for our employees, their families, and our clients, as well as the communities they serve.
How to Apply:
Please provide resume and brief cover letter. We welcome applicants whose experience varies from our "ideal" profile; if that's you, please use your cover letter to help us understand what makes you an excellent candidate for the role. Send your materials to firstname.lastname@example.org.