I am often asked by our clients to help with hiring a CRM administrator. What type of person makes the best admin? It's not a developer or technologist, its a customer focused, curious analyst!
Although every nonprofit CRM and organization has specific needs, I've found the job description below to be helpful as a starting point. Hopefully you can find it useful as well. Please connect with me if you have any feedback.
Need short term administration or support help?
We are admin experts in these CRMs. Click on a CRM below and see how we can help.
Nonprofit CRM Administrator Job Description
- The nonprofit CRM Administrator is responsible for the overall administration and support for the Constituent Relationship Management (CRM) system. The successful candidate is not necessarily a technologist, but a person:
- with a good understanding how a CRM should and can be utilized across the organization.
- who has skills using online technology and has the curiosity and expertise to learn a CRM and participate in the CRM community.
- who is someone who wants to be a go-to person for the users. The candidate should be an advocate for the CRM within the organization and help to appropriately expand its use.
- who takes data quality seriously and works to maintain a clean and unfettered database.
This is NOT someone to monitor the database and tweak it for performance nor is it a data entry person.
- Ensures that the data in CRM is correct.
- Works with the entire organization as a champion; trains people to ensure the CRM is understood by new and existing users; and helps the system to grow and evolve.
- Provides support and training for staff in data entry and basic management.
- Assesses various options for optimizing and customizing the system to help the system grow and evolve.
- Attends regular meetings with support staff and various team members to review upcoming issues, items, and training.
- Proven customer service orientation combined with the ability to work well with others, in the office and out.
- Creativity, initiative, excitement about the possibilities of the CRM.
- Strong spreadsheet skills.
- Excellent business analysis and problem solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with people of varying technical skills.
- Previous experience in an end-user technical support role.
- Quick, analytical thinker.
- Ability to effectively communicate complex concepts.
- CMS experience would be a plus.
- Any background with CSS, HTML, or query writing in Access would be helpful.