A new camp website and portal built on Drupal and CiviCRM that decreased overall admin management time.
Round Lake Christian Camp came to BackOffice Thinking to help them redesign their website and create a better registration and camp management process.
Round Lake had been using CiviCRM for several years and had a great understanding of how to use the back end, but needed help to create a better designed and easier to use front end. Round Lake was also looking to add several advanced features such as a web portal where parents and churches could create camper accounts, register people for various events, employ discounts, make partial payments, and have an online financial statement. As is often the case, this all needed to be developed on a tight time frame so that the new system would be up and running in time to start registration for the upcoming camp season.
Highlights of our work include:
- Designing and implementing a new engaging and responsive website that is easily maintained by Round Lake staff
- Reimplementing CiviCRM; the discount extension was particularly important
- Building an intuitive dashboard for parents, church leaders, and camp leaders
- Building an innovative user interface to allow for a parent or church leader to make partial payments for many campers at different camps on one easy to use screen; we extended the new core backend partial payment functionality. We have made that code publicly available on GitHub (thanks to the Round Lake team!)
- Building several CiviCRM integrated Drupal views that allowed camp leaders to view key information about their campers
- Building a real time, online financial statement for parents and church leaders
- Creating functionality that allows parents and church leaders to create and update family or church member information
- Creating functionality that allows parents and church leaders to register family/church members for camps and view all the past registrations