Built for Land Conservation
LOCATE allows land conservation organizations to manage all land acquisition, stewardship activities, donor, membership, and grant information. Plus you get all the power of the Salesforce CRM platform.
Land Project Management
Tools to track every step in the acquisition of new land conservation projects or changes to your current properties.
Successfully handle ongoing conservation efforts and reserved rights and projects with a 360° view of land and ownership data.
It's all in one place! Find what you're looking for across all your contacts, properties, and more with Salesforce's global search functionality.
Use pre-packaged LOCATE App reports, or create your own to meet your organization's needs.
Join the LOCATE App community online to get questions answered and learn skills, tips, and tricks.
Monitor land conservation by tracking all your important activity data in the LOCATE App.
Built on Salesforce
Salesforce is your state-of-the-art cloud-based donor database and CRM, and the "engine" that runs the LOCATE App.
View ArcGIS maps with one click
With one click, view an ArcGIS map to see easements, potential violation locations, and more.
ArcGIS is a licensed trademark of Environmental Systems Research Institute, Inc.
Manage, Monitor, and Report
Multiple easements can be associated and tracked within a specific property.
Monitor water and mineral rights, and even acreage information related to categories such as wildlife protection, grasslands, wetlands, etc.
We have dozens of standardized reports that can be customized to your land trust's needs.
Features for Land Trusts
Easily capture all your easement/fee title details
- Conservation details and restrictions
- Easement value, funding sources
- Title policy, insurance info
- Stewardship information
- Easement contacts (e.g. grantor, owner, manager)
- Water, mineral, or other property rights
- Manage activities and tasks for all your processes
Better management of your monitoring process
- Track monitoring due dates
- Produce the property monitoring report
- Track date and status of previous monitoring
- Track who does the monitoring
- Track monitoring visit details
- Record violations and follow-up tasks
- Track records and documents for state and national accreditation
More effectively run your organization including membership and fundraising
- View dashboards and reports for your key metrics
- Create unlimited reports through the standard and flexible reporting tool
- Track funds raised through membership dues, events, campaigns and appeals
- Track service fees or other fees related to an easement
- Get a 360-degree view of constituents by tracking land conservation data and donor data in one system
Starting at $1,100/year
Varies with Complexity
Because of BackOffice Thinking's expertise and outstanding customer service our LOCATE implementaion was much easier than we expected. I highly recommend BackOffice to anyone.
Larimer County, Fund Development & Special Projects
We want our entire staff to share one info system about our land and people: all our projects, donors, volunteers, partners, and opportunities. BackOffice made it easy to envision that, and then they guided us and delivered on that vision.
Anita O’Gara, Vice President
Iowa Natural Heritage Foundation
The BackOffice team was wonderful to work with and delivered LOCATE on time and under budget. LOCATE was the best choice we could have made and enables us to be much more effective.
Tiffany Parker, Director of Information Systems
Piedmont Environmental Council
Meet the Founder and Visionary of the LOCATE APP
Keep It Colorado, formerly the Colorado Coalition of Land Trusts, is the collective voice for land conservation in Colorado. Since 1965, land trusts and their partners have helped Colorado families conserve more than 3 million acres of working lands, wildlife habitat, and open spaces that define the state.
Created by experts who help nonprofits
BackOffice has particular expertise in helping land conservation, public garden, and other environmentally focused firms with their database, website, analytics, and fundraising needs.