Using CiviCRM for intelligent volunteer management
In the face of the devastation caused by Superstorm Sandy, the Greater New Jersey Conference of The United Methodist Church launched A Future with Hope to serve as a vital partner in recovery efforts.
A Future with Hope came to us looking for a volunteer registration and management system to enable their Sandy relief efforts. They were trying to use a recommended commercial system, but that system was not able to provide the services they needed.
We recommended a CiviCRM/Drupal solution to enable the multi-step volunteer process they needed. We worked with their team to develop the business processes and then implemented the solution within a very tight time frame and on a limited budget.
During the area's recovery from Sandy, A Future with Hope utilized the system to:
- Accept volunteer inquiries
- Take initial volunteer group registration, take down payments for accommodations, and accept volunteer dates
- Facilitate final group registration, take final payment, and take detailed individual volunteer information
- Send individual and mass emails
- Manage all volunteer data
- Create volunteer reporting